Eczema + Laundry = Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent
If you or anyone in your family has eczema or sensitive skin, you know any number of things can make matters worse. One of those things can be the wrong laundry detergent. The wrong laundry detergent, in this case, is one that can trigger or worsen skin irritation. The fix? A hypoallergenic laundry detergent that keeps everyone’s skin looking and feeling its best.
What’s Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent?
Hypoallergenic is a fancy way of saying something is less likely to cause an allergic reaction. You’ll see the word on everything from lotions and shampoos to fabrics and clothing, with laundry detergents one of the big hypoallergenic products.
Hypoallergenic laundry detergent is best for sensitive skin and conditions like eczema because it’s less likely to cause irritation. Folks who make hypoallergenic detergents have gone out of their way to select ingredients with care, choosing only those known to avoid triggering allergic reactions.
How to Choose the Best Hypoallergenic Laundry Soap
That doesn’t mean, however, every single hypoallergenic laundry soap will work for everyone. Everyone’s skin is different, which means everyone may have different reactions. Ingredients that are suitable for the majority may still cause irritation for others. As such, you’ll want to narrow down your choices to a hypoallergenic detergent that has the best chances of skin-soothing success.
Here’s a checklist so you know what to look:
- Natural ingredients: Natural ingredients are not only safer than chemical concoctions for your skin, but they’re safer for the environment.
- Free of dyes, fragrances, and brighteners: All these ingredients can contribute to allergic reactions, including some “natural” scents added to natural detergents.
- Works on delicate fabrics: Since people with sensitive skin often feel best in softer, more delicate fabrics, you want a detergent that is safe for silk, thinner materials, and other delicates.
- Rinses clean from fabrics: Did you know it can take up to 10 rinses to fully get some detergents out of your clothes? Opt for a detergent that rinses completely clean, leaving absolutely no residue behind in clothing fibers.
- Cleans the washer: Residues from detergents can also build up in your washer, making it essential to pick a laundry soap that rinses cleanly from fabrics while cleaning your machines.
- Does the job: Even the best hypoallergenic laundry detergents won’t do any good if they don’t clean your clothes. Look for one proven to remove trapped odors and stains, like grass stains and chocolate.
The Perfect Pick
Use the above checklist to compare, contrast different brands. Or you can make it easy on yourself and cut to the chase: Go for Charlie’s Soap Natural Laundry Detergent.
Charlie’s hypoallergenic formula meets qualifications from above, leaving your skin looking and feeling as wonderful. Shop Charlie’s Soap Unscented Laundry Detergent today!