Why DIY Natural Laundry Detergent
You may already be convinced that natural laundry detergent is the way to a happier, healthier home environment. And if we’re completely honest, we agree. You may also be convinced that a DIY natural laundry soap will give you the finest results. But that’s where we’ll have to disagree and here’s why.
At-Home Natural Laundry Detergent Recipe
Making your own natural laundry soap may be fun to try once or twice. But we know the hassle can get to you when you have to go through the messy and time-consuming process every time you need a batch of soap. That’s why we have a streamlined processing facility that takes care of all that hassle for you. The at-home DIY natural laundry soap process generally involves:
- Going out and buying several different ingredients, ranging from Borax to a bar of natural soap, along with some kind of container to store your natural laundry soap between uses.
- Getting freaked out for having to buy Borax, since it reminds you of Botox which brings to mind weird images of celebrities with chipmunk cheeks.
- Having to dig out your cheese grater and proper measuring cups to grate the bar soap and measure all incoming ingredients. (If you think grating cheese is boring, just wait until you see how exciting grating soap can be – and you don’t even get to taste a few chunks along the way.)
- Mixing all the stuff together, hoping you used proper portions so your clothes actually get washed and rinse clean.
- Lying awake at night wondering if you can still use your cheese grater for cheese since you just used it for soap, or if it will rust if you put it in the dishwasher.
- Repeating the above process each time you want a new batch of natural detergent.
As you can see, this DIY stuff can get exhausting. The solution? Get the enormous benefits of natural laundry soap without the big headache of making it yourself. How? Opt for a trusted brand that stands by its natural products, like Charlie’s Soap.
Why Buying Natural Laundry Soap Beats DIY
Buying your natural laundry detergent means you don’t have to go out and hunt down the needed ingredients at six different stores. Heck, you can purchase Charlie’s Soap online and not even have to leave the house.
You can also skip the steps that involve grating, measuring, mixing, and worrying about wrecking your cheese grater. With proper use, Charlie’s Soap won’t have any contact with any of your kitchen implements.
Another plus is the limited ingredients. Charlie’s Soap actually uses FEWER ingredients than some of the DIY natural laundry detergent recipes we’ve seen. No kidding.
For ingredients, you get water, ethoxylated alcohol (known for helping dirt particles stick to water particles so the dirt goes with the water down the drain), and sodium carbonate, commonly known as washing soda and commonly found in all those DIY laundry soap recipes.
Give yourself a break and your clothing a treat. Buy natural detergent instead of doing it yourself next time you need to wash a load. While you’re at it, make it Charlie’s.