How to Get Red Wine Stains out of White Clothes
Red, red wine. It’s enjoyable to drink, it’s great for cooking, and — depending on your taste in music – a catchy tune. And while white fabrics and red wine might seem like a deadly combination – luckily there’s an antidote. Enter: Charlie’s Soap.
With our all-natural detergents and solutions, you can conquer red wine stains on your white fabrics and get back to doing what you do best: actually enjoying your wine. Even if you’re not a red wine drinker, you can learn how to get some tough stains out of your favorite white fabrics in the video and steps below!
Step 1: Assemble your Charlie’s Soap products
If you’re a Charlie’s Soap user, chances are you already have these in your laundry room:
For smaller, everyday stains, we’d most definitely recommend starting with our Biodegradable Laundry Pre-Spray Stain Remover. But since we’re talking about the kind of stain that’s wreaking havoc on your best white fabrics, we need to call for backup – Charlie’s Soap Oxygen Bleach. Yes, that’s really all you need. On to Step 2!
Step 2: Treat the red wine stain
Here’s how to get red wine stains out of clothes with Charlie’s Oxygen Bleach.
- Pour 2 scoops of Powder Detergent and 2-4 tablespoons of Oxygen Bleach into warm water.
- Let your white pants soak for at least 30 minutes. The tougher the stain, the longer it can soak.
- Launder with your usual Charlie’s Soap laundry detergent (powder or liquid) according to directions.
- Pop another bottle of red wine because your clothes are stain-free and look as good as new! (Just maybe avoid wearing them again during said wine-drinking.)
Why Charlie’s Soap Oxygen Bleach?
Why do we recommend using our oxygen bleach to remove tough stains? Most other commercial bleaches are harsh. That’s because they contain chlorine and other toxic ingredients. While those bleaches may be effective, you risk ruining anything else it comes into contact with, like other clothes or fabrics around your house.
Charlie’s Soap Oxygen Bleach is formulated without chlorine, using washing soda and hydrogen peroxide instead. Both are naturally released during the stain-removal process to treat stains beneath the surface, not just the top. Here are some of the other reasons why so many customers choose our non-chlorine bleach:
- It’s safe for the environment
- It’s color-safe
- It doesn’t bleed onto other clothes of fabrics
- It’s hypoallergenic (no perfumes, dyes, or fillers)
- It’s safe for sensitive skin
- It’s multipurpose (remove stains, dirt, or grime from anything that’s washable)
- You can use it in your HE washer
- …and much more!
For tough stains and more, turn to Charlie’s Soap
No matter the stain, no matter the pants, Charlie’s Soap is an all-natural solution that’s effective and safe for the environment. And with an entire line of solutions to help you tackle virtually any cleaning task, you too can live green and deep clean. Browse all of our products online, or find us at a store near you!