Dealing with graffiti as a business or property owner can be frustrating. You may not know what cleaning products are safe to use on your building or property, or how to remove graffiti effectively even if you do have the right products.
If you’ve had to remove graffiti in the past, you know that the solutions out there can be toxic, and you may need to gear up before you start cleaning up. Sometimes, those abrasive products can even create more damage to your property’s walls, walkways, and doors — and they may not be safe for groundwater.
How to Remove Graffiti Using Charlie’s Soap
Charlie’s Soap is here to help. With Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner, you can clean unwanted graffiti from your business in just minutes. You’ll get a deep green clean that’s gentle on your building and the environment, but can help you get rid of unwanted graffiti in no time.
Why use Charlie’s Professional to clean graffiti?
Charlie’s Professional is a green, industrial-strength line of cleaning products perfect for business owners. They can tackle tough cleaning jobs like grease and grime, yet are gentle enough to be used safely on delicate materials like marble, sandstone, or granite.
Just like our regular line of Charlie’s Soap cleaning products and laundry detergents, Charlie’s Professional products are free of fillers and harmful chemicals. Our biodegradable solutions are safe for use in residential, commercial, and industrial settings — and safe for the environment, too.
Grab Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner and follow these steps to remove graffiti.
How to use Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner
- Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner
- Hose or water spray bottle
- Scrubber brush
- Low-pressure pressure washer (optional)
There are no harsh abrasives, lye, phosphates, bleach, dyes, or perfumes in Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner. You don’t need any special safety gear to use it, but you can wear safety glasses and disposable gloves if you’d like to be extra careful.
How to remove graffiti
- Knock loose the spray paint with the scrubber brush or broom brush. Do not get paint wet until you loosen it!
- Use the All-Purpose Cleaner full strength or dilute with water as needed.
- To remove graffiti on concrete, asphalt, and walkways, use full strength.
- To remove graffiti on vinyl, brick, stucco, terracotta, aluminum, or canvas, dilute with 50% water.
- To remove from painted surfaces like garage doors, test full strength on a discreet area to see if it will remove the original paint. If it lightens the (wanted) paint, use diluted cleaner.
- Apply the All-Purpose Cleaner to the graffitied area. Make sure the entire area is wet before applying the cleaner, then cover the entire surface with the cleaner.
- Let the cleaner soak for 12 to 15 minutes if diluted, or 2 to 5 minutes if full-strength.
- Gently scrub the graffitied area with a scrubber brush or broom brush.
- Rinse the area thoroughly. Repeat steps 2-5 as necessary.
- If graffiti still remains, use a low-pressure pressure washer to completely rinse out any remnants of graffiti.
You can rinse and repeat (literally) if needed, washing the surface again to remove the rest of the paint.
Get your property cleaned up (without more collateral damage)
While graffiti can be frustrating to deal with, we’re confident that Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner makes the job a little easier. Plus, when you use a naturally derived cleaner, you don’t have to worry about groundwater or damage to the surrounding area.
Any surrounding grass, flowers, or foliage is safe when rinsing out Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner. As an eco-friendly cleaning alternative, our All-Purpose Cleaner is safe to use on a variety of surfaces, and it produces minimal waste that won’t harm the environment.
Get Charlie’s Professional All-Purpose Cleaner today! Looking for other cleaning products for your business, like laundry liquid and coil cleaner? Check out our other Charlie’s Professional products online.