How does Charlie’s Soap work?
Charlie’s Soap is made with two of the most basic and fundamental principles: good science and smart chemistry. When these combine, you get laundry detergent that’s effective and environmentally friendly. Here’s how we do it.
In simplest terms, high-quality laundry detergent helps loosen dirt, grease, and grime from fabrics so water can wash them away. One of the most essential ingredients that aids in that process is called a surfactant. Surfactants are important for two reasons:
- Surfactants help break the surface tension of the water that touches your clothing. This allows water to penetrate more deeply into fabric where dirt and grease hide.
- Once surfactants have penetrated into fabrics, they attach themselves to dirt, grease, and water molecules.
- Surfactants hold on to grease, dirt AND water. Once the rinse cycle hits, surfactants make it easier for stains and odors to wash clean away.
But why is this important?
More Than Just Surfactants
While most detergent brands do contain surfactants, that’s not all they contain. Most detergents also contain a lot of additives like softeners, brighteners, and fragrances. While these added ingredients do make your clothes feel softer, and smell nicer, they do little to clean your fabrics. In fact, they do just the opposite. Instead of rinsing away, they linger in fabrics to simply mask odors.
It should be noted that traditional detergents are not the only ones to do this. Some natural detergents do it too with dyes and perfumes. And when those additives linger in your clothes, it does your skin no favors. It could even be compared to rubbing detergent on your skin. So, if you’ve ever noticed some itching with other natural detergents, now you know why.
How is Charlie’s Soap different?
At Charlie’s Soap, our goal is simple – to clean your clothes. While other brands contain additives that make clothes smell and feel clean, those additives are just cover-ups that linger in your fabrics. Charlie’s Soap is scientifically proven to remove dirt and odor, leaving you with truly clean clothes.
Here’s what sets Charlie’s Soap apart:
- Pure ingredients: We don’t use any extras or additives. Our goal is clean clothes, not clean-ish clothes.
- Effective formulas: Our formulas clean better because there are no additives in the way, clearing the path for surfactants to do their job.
- Fragrance-free: Fragrances can cause irritation and itching. You deserve better from your laundry detergent.
- Environmentally Friendly: Our surfactants are plant-based. Our cleaners have passed biodegradability tests at 98% and our laundry at 70%, which is well above industry standard.
One of the biggest differences we’re proud of at Charlie’s Soap is our commitment to the earth. We don’t believe in only making solutions that work, but solutions that are safe for you, your family, and the planet. Isn’t it time you set yourself apart, too?
The Science Behind the Soap
Scientifically Proven Safe and Effective
Our raw materials fall into two categories: natural mineral and biodegradable formula. The science behind the way we turn those ingredients into world-class detergents is what makes us different.
Charlie’s Soap is scientifically proven safe and effective. Our products surpass thresholds for “ultimate biodegradation.” SGS US Testing Labs results prove Charlie’s Soap is highly effective; Japan Food Research Labs and Situ Biosciences, LLC certifies our products have a low environmental impact.